Media Arts and Practices Programme - Applications & Study Start
<slovenske informacije o programu MAP tule>
Welcome to the brief-info page for the
MAP - Master of Media Arts and Practices master
The two-year master programme has been developed within the international (EU-supported) ADRIART project. The programme's Carrier Modules are Animation, Film, Photography, New Media and Contemporary Art Practices. In the application the candidate presents master thesis project idea, or alternatively describe his/her motives in the choice of specific media and professional way.
How to apply, get selected and enroll:
- Protocol of the Assessment of artistic ability and more about the Media Arts and Practices Programme (School of Arts, PDF): http://au.ung.si/sites/default/files/UNGAU-MAP-2017-18-eng.pdf
- Applications general (School of Arts, web): vsu.ung.si/en/educating/application
- International Admissions (UNG, web): www.ung.si/en/study/admissions/second-level-admissions/
Where to stay, eat, get insurance, work... (Student guide)
- Please find comprehensive information in the UNG Student guide: www.ung.si/en/study/student-guide/
Getting here&around, things to see&do...
Situated right on the boarder between Italy and Slovenia (according to The Independent the cheapest country in Europe to be a university student!) , the twin towns of Gorica and Nova Gorica are well connected by transport both regionally and internationally, with local bus transfers to the Trieste (Ronchi) Airport and frequent (mini-)bus services to Treviso, Venice, Milan (and other main Northern-Italy) airports, as well as to Ljubljana (1 hour), train connections with these cities are also well maintained. It will take only a short hop to the Croatian cities of Rijeka (1 hour) or Zagreb (2 hours) by car, also Klagenfurt, Salzburg, Graz and even Vienna or Budapest are within a few hours drive. Boat services from Trieste (half an hour drive by car or bus) and other nearby ports connect the region across the Mediterranean.
The close connection of the town of Nova Gorica with the Italian neighbor (twin-)town Gorizia enables students different forms of cooperation in the field of youth culture and entertainment as well as international academic mobility. The micro-region is easy to cycle and well bus-connected. Staying in the flourishing Vipava Valley offers a number of opportunities for actively spending one’s free time as well as pampering the gourmet palate with both local food and wine. The position enables quick jumps to Venice, half an hour by car takes you to the beautiful coast of the Adriatic Sea with numerous leisure, sports and cultural options. The twin towns are situated at the mouth of the stunning Soča Valley, with an exceptional offer on relaxation as well as extreme sports in unspoilt nature. From here you can visit numerous beautiful coastal towns of Croatia, Slovenia and Italy, explore world-known Karst caves as well as enjoy numerous other treasures springing from the unique mix between sub-mediterranean and sub-alpine landscapes, climates and cultures...
- Slovene citizens, citizens of the European Union, as well as the citizens of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, and Serbia pay no study fee for attending the MAP programme (are exempt from paying tuition fees for full-time studies) in the study year 2015/2016; these students pay an annual equipment&production fee of 950 EUR, which is to be paid each year at enrollment.
- The study fee - 2.800 EUR per study year - for students coming from non-EU states applies and is to be paid each year at enrollment.
- For general info on scholarships etc. please see http://www.ung.si/en/study/student-guide/scholarships/
Study programme details
- Media Arts and Practices (MAP) brief programme description (PDF)
- Programme Handbook 2014 that includes course descriptions and programme implementation details (PDF with course-description DOCs, tables etc.) .
- Study programme and semester progression graphical overview (PDF)
- international MAP programme promo flyer (PDF)
About UNG, International cooperation and mobility, Alumni club...
Student guide of the University of Nova Gorica
- Specific information for international students – brochure (PDF)
School of Arts international projects http://vsu.ung.si/ustvarjamo/projekti
Developed and piloted with the support of the Lifelong Learning, Erasmus, Programme of the European Union. This programme and all its products reflect the views only of the author(s), and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.